As an Arborist, you will be assisting with tree maintenance, reactive maintenance - dealing with dead trees, removing branches, cleaning fallen trees or branches, dead wooding trees, and mulching.
What will set you apart from the rest?
• Minimum of 3 years climbing experience within the Arboriculture Industry
• National Certificate in Arboriculture Level 4 or equivalent
• A strong Health and Safety focus is essential
• Experience in the use of rigging and climbing equipment (essential)
• A full and clean NZ driver's licence (manual) is essential whilst an HT licence is preferred.
• Ability to be part of a team and take the lead when required
• Excellent communication skills
• A Growsafe certificate would be an added bonus
What we provide
Along with a competitive pay scale and career development opportunities, City Parks will also look to place the successful applicant through external training. This may include Level 4 arboriculture certification as well as 'Utility Arborist' certification, Class 2 drivers licence, Site Safe, or traffic management qualifications among others.
This position works 40 hours Monday to Friday with rostered weekend duties and overtime, as required.
Due to the working environment, the successful candidate will need to undergo strict security screening, criminal checks and pre-employment drug screening as per Auckland Council's Drug and Alcohol policy.
Job applications close on Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 10.30pm
Are you an experienced Arborist? Want to be part of a great team? Can you safely operate the latest plant and equipment? Come and join us!
WEL Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of WEL Networks who owns and manages the electrical lines network in Hamilton and the greater Waikato area.
WEL Services is responsible for providing the full range of field services required to maintain a highly reliable electricity supply to over 86,000 homes and businesses.
We have recently had a spot open up in our Vegetation team for a fully trained and experienced Arborist.
Here at WEL we are working towards to changing the approach to utility arboriculture and focusing our efforts on tree health and aesthetic values.
We are looking for candidates who:
• Have experience as a working Arborist (this is a must!)
• Are agile and enjoy a variety of challenges
• Are committed to returning home safe every day - looking after yourself and those working with you.
It would be great if you also hold your Arborist qualifications, have experience working in an EWP and hold your class 2, 4 or 5 drivers licence, however this is not essential as full training can be given.
WEL offers a competitive package and a supportive working environment.
A job description is available at the "Careers at WEL" page on our website. If you feel this new role is a good fit for your skills and future aspirations, please submit an online application.