The mission of NZ Arb is to encourage, foster, improve and educate in all aspects of arboriculture throughout New Zealand.
In addition the NZ Arb Association is proud to foster the mission of the ISA:
Through research, technology and education promote the professional practice of arboriculture and foster a greater public awareness of the benefits of trees.
The vision of NZ Arb is to represent the arboricultural community and make it the primary organisation for tree care and to maintain relevancy to the Association’s members.
NZ Arb intends to be the foremost professional organisation for arborists in New Zealand, by being the primary authority for arboriculture and the leading source for arboricultural information for arborists, governing bodies, and the general public.
The objectives of NZ Arb are as follows:
- to set acceptable standards for the industry
- to assist and promote education
- to encourage tree planting, protection and preservation
- to circulate information on arboriculture
- to approve Arborists working to acceptable standards