Help plan the future of recreation
Do you want to help shape the future of the recreation sector? We're organising strategic planning workshops across the country so members and others with an interest in recreation can be directly involved in the process.
NZRA has taken a lead role in building the capability of recreation and sport professionals in the aquatics, parks and open spaces and community recreation sectors since 1992.
Recent changes in the recreation sector, including NZRA's greater role in outdoor recreation, have created an opportunity to kick-start this new strategic planning process for our organisation.
As part of this process, NZRA's regional committees are hosting workshops in Rotorua, Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Whanganui, Nelson and Dunedin.
These workshops will help to generate a shared vision, enabling us to work together to develop agreed outcomes and achieve consensus on priorities for action.
Anyone with a keen interest in recreation is welcome. Please also extend this invitation to others with whom you work – your colleagues, key suppliers, funders and partner agencies.
REGISTER FOR THE WORKSHOPS
Workshop dates and locations
- Rotorua – 10 March, 12-3pm, Committee Rooms, Rotorua District Council
- Auckland – 12 March, 12-3pm, Puhoi Pub
- Wellington – 16 March, 1-4pm, Pelorus Sports House
- Christchurch – 17 March, 1-4pm, Fendalton Library and Service Centre
- Whanganui – 19 March, 1-4pm, Whanganui Cycling Club
- Nelson – 23 March, 1-4pm, Boardroom, Saxton Stadium
- Dunedin – 26 March, 12-3pm, Corporate Suite 9, Forsyth Barr Stadium