17 July 2023
Timaru, Canterbury, New Zealand
About the Job
Conveniently placed between Christchurch and Dunedin, Timaru is perfectly located for that great work/life balance. Join us and experience the South Island at its best!
We are offering an opportunity for an experienced Arborist with a professional attitude to be part of our Vegetation team, working within a dynamic network that covers the area between the Rangitata and Waitaki Rivers, from the coast inland to Mount Cook.
NETcon core values are SAFETY, INTEGRITY, RESPECT, IMPROVEMENT & QUALITY. Read on if you have a non-negotiable expectation for your safety and that of your workmates.
• Provide vegetation control services from conflict with overhead power lines and structures
• Provide response during major storms or significant weather events • Complete a variety of private work
• Surveying of Network feeders
• Work as a team, ensuring the safety of yourself, work colleagues and the general public.
• Working within an area that stretches between Rangitata and Waitaki Rivers, from the coast inland to Mount Cook.
We offer a substantial Welfare Package, competitive salary (including various allowances) and relocation assistance along with upskilling and career development opportunities. Support your mates in the field sharing information, knowledge and expertise while fostering a positive culture.
We will be looking for someone who has:
• A Level 2 or 3 Arborist qualification with a focus on safety and quality.
• Basic Utility experience preferred but further network training will be provided.
• Residing in New Zealand, with New Zealand citizenship or New Zealand permanent residency.
• A positive attitude and can work well in a team.
• A positive role model of health and safety practices.
• A current NZ Driver’s License.
• A great attitude that supports your mates in the field, creating a positive culture, sharing information, knowledge and expertise.
NETcon requires all successful applicants to complete medical, drug & alcohol and Ministry of Justice pre-employment checks. Apply by submitting a covering letter and CV to email@example.com , telling us why this position should be yours. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.