About the Job
About Marlborough Lines
Marlborough Lines (MLL) owns and operates the electricity distribution network which supplies approximately 26,000 electricity consumers across Marlborough. Our network includes the beautiful Marlborough Sounds and the southern Marlborough coastal communities.
We currently have vacancies for experienced and professional Arborists to join our team, undertaking vegetation and track maintenance work around our network. We are looking for skilled, innovative and enthusiastic individuals to join our team in supporting the company through this exciting new chapter and into the future.
About the role
As an Arborist at Marlborough Lines, you will join our Network Maintenance team to implement vegetation control measures that meet operational and safety objectives around our network throughout the Marlborough region.
This is a key role as we continue to deliver a safe, efficient, and reliable supply of electricity for the benefit of our customers, shareholder, and community.
· Tree felling, sectional felling or pruning adjacent to power lines. Includes tree climbing and chainsaw operating.
· Identify hazards surrounding machinery, work and employment practices and endeavour to reduce these risks.
· Competency to work in competent worker zone adjacent to live lines.
· Maintenance of plant and equipment.
· Attendance of safety training courses.
Skills and experience:
· Commitment to health and safety rules and the use of appropriate safety equipment.
· Ability to work unsupervised and complete tasks within target times.
· Job knowledge and technical ability to carry out work
· Personal enthusiasm and conduct.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Previous Arborist experience, including climbing
· Commitment to Health and Safety
· Formal Qualifications preferred (as well as class 2, 4 or 5 driver's licence)
· Our employees are rewarded with:
· Competitive hourly rate plus allowances and over-time
· Provide with the best quality clothing, equipment and tools
· We are an essential service company which provides you job security
· Premium Health Insurance with Southern Cross
· Life and income protection insurance
· Extensive health and well-being program, including free health checks, mole maps and a yearly $500 benefit to spend on your health and well-being
· Flexible work options (9 day fortnight available)
· Training to develop your skills and capabilities
How to apply
Apply now with your CV and please take the time in a cover letter to tell us about you, what sets you apart, and why you want to be a part of our team at Marlborough Lines
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to the following link: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/66310586