TRAQ Full Course
Time & Location
About the Event
The ISA Certification Program has led the way as a credentialing body in the arboricultural industry for many years. In order to meet the needs of the profession and respond to the demands of our stakeholders, ISA has expanded its training and credentialing opportunities to include qualifications. Qualifications, much like certifications, promote professional development and help set individuals apart from the competition. But when thinking about which credential is essential to one's career, it is important to understand the difference between a certification and qualification.
The ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification program provides an opportunity for individuals in the arboriculture industry to expand their knowledge through education and training in the fundamentals of tree risk assessment. This qualification promotes the safety of people and property, and provides tree owners and risk managers with the necessary information to make informed decisions to enhance tree benefits, health, and longevity.
Through education and training, arborists will learn strategies to systematically identify and assess tree risk. The qualified professional will:
- be proficient with the fundamentals of limited-visual and basic tree risk assessment, as defined in the ISA Best Management Practices: Tree Risk Assessment;
- understand the principles of advanced diagnostic techniques for assessing tree risk;
- gather and synthesize information needed to assess tree risk; and
- make reasoned judgments and recommendations for mitigating identified risk.
ISA works with its Components to collaboratively offer the Tree Risk Assessment Qualification. Please visit the links below to become more familiar with the qualification and do not hesitate to contact ISA headquarters with additional questions. ISA will post further updates as they become available
The TRAQ (Tree Risk Assessment Qualification) course presenter is Mark Roberts.
All trainees must have either:-
- a minimum of Level 4 Arb Qualification or
- be an ISA Certified Arborist
- A full list of acceptable prerequisites can be found here
TRAQ FEES ISA Member $850 NZD plus GST Non-ISA Member $930 NZD plus GST Exam Retake only $150 USD *Course registration fee includes workshop, the Tree Risk Assessment manual and TRAQ workbook, along with lunch and tea breaks during the two and a half-day training.
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE 31 JANUARY 2020,
NUMBERS ARE LIMITED TO 20 ONLY